May 19, 2016
from 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
|Where||Postdoc Centre, Eastwood Room|
|Contact Name||Joy Warde|
|Add event to calendar||
The PdOC Society and Personal and Professional Development (PPD) are pleased to offer the masterclass:
How to accomplish more by stressing less
What challenges do you face in your postdoc life? Long ‘to do’ list. Young family. Short term contract …...
About the Masterclass
This masterclass, led by Liz Parker, will offer postdocs an opportunity to share with each other their most effective strategies for managing the unique challenges that they face.
The training will be a combination of interactive discussions and training segments. Using a marginal gains approach, the session will enable staff to identify areas in which they can make small but significant changes reducing stress levels and improving their wellbeing and performance. It is first and foremost a reflective space in which to share experiences, learn stress management techniques and plan new strategies based on the successful strategies used by each others
- Calibrate their individual stress signature and recognise how it changes with different stress levels.
- Identify their current stressors and the size and impact these are having on their life.
- Use a framework to identify and prioritise how to reduce their current stressors.
- Identify a range of realistic and actionable strategies for managing these stressors.
- Share successful strategies with other trainees.
- Create connections and a support network within the group.
This masterclass is open to all postdocs working in the University, Colleges or University Partner Institutes.
About the speaker:
Liz has twelve years experience as an Occupational Therapist. Now specialising in improving performance within high stress academic environments, Liz’s workshops are interactive and fuse therapeutic models with practical strategies that are designed to improve performance whilst reducing stress.