Jun 22, 2016
from 01:30 PM to 04:30 PM
|Where||Postdoc Centre, Eastwood Room|
|Contact Name||Joy Warde|
|Add event to calendar||
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
The PdOC Society and Personal and Professional Development (PPD) are pleased to offer the masterclass:
How do you build trusting, empowering and productive relationships? What happens when conflict arises? How can you prepare to develop and lead a high performance group?
About the Masterclass
Once you have a better understanding of how to prepare yourself for leadership, this Masterclass, led by Jefferson Cann, will focus on the transition from leading yourself to leading others.
It is strongly recommended that you have attended Part 1 of this Masterclass 'Prepare yourself for leadership'.
The interactive Masterclass is based on the experiential exploration of key concepts, capabilities and actions. Each participant will explore the importance of emotional intelligence, developing trust, handling conflict and 'elephants in the room'. The Masterclass will also explore the psychology of an individual in a group and the importance of leading by example.
This Masterclass will help you to become an effective leader of others via understanding of
- awareness and management of self and relationships (emotional intelligence),
- how to create, maintain and repair trust
- how to manage conflict positively and effectively
- why some topics become 'undiscussable', the elephants in the room, damage they can cause and how to remove them effectively
- paradoxes and inner conflicts at play when an individual enters a group
- key elements of ensuring motivated followers; leadership life-cycles; authenticity, walking the talk, displaying the values
This masterclass is open to all postdocs working in the University, Colleges or University Partner Institutes.
About the speaker:
Since 2003, following a successful, senior, international, 25–year career in pharmaceuticals, Jefferson has been delivering Leadership Performance Coaching at board level and below across all sectors and has developed high-level expertise in personal, team and cultural leadership development.
Jefferson’s primary aim as an international leadership coach, facilitator, speaker and consultant is the development of high performance leadership behaviours, enabling the fulfillment of the individual, their teams and their companies/institutions through living and leading without fear.